Lois Iannone, Esquire

Lois Iannone, Esquire

532 Putnam Pike, Smithfield, RI 02917

(401) 944-5499

Call Us

Insurance - Financial - Law

Ad text

Lois Iannone, Esquire What do I need for my first Consultation for a Divorce? This is a great question since it will make the consultation much easier to explain to the client. I normally will respond with the following: 1. Your marriage certificate. Your marriage certificate has a lot of information that I will need if you are filing for a divorce. This document also needs to be filed with the Family Court when you file for divorce. 2. Bring in your most four (4) recent pay stubs. If there are any financial issues such as child support, than I can estimate what a child support guideline will be based on your monthly gross earnings and your partner's monthly gross earnings. Your pay receipt will also state what you are paying for medical and/ or dental insurance. Since the child support guideline worksheet gives deductions for these expenses, your monthly gross income will be reduced by these expenses. 3. Bring any pensions, 401(k), IRA(s), Deferred Compensation etc. This will save you a lot of expense and time. Once I have these computations, you will be able to know and I can then calculate if all of the pensions etc. are marital or only a portion is marital. 4. If you have minor children, please bring with you: Any and all day care costs receipts, extracurricular activities receipts and medical receipts. These will be helpful in calculating a child support guideline worksheet. 5. PLEASE Do not bring any anxiety or fear! Most individuals are very anxious when meeting with an attorney.Your first consultation for a divorce will be very comforting knowing that I have the competency, integrity and compassion for you and what this time period in your life means to you. Lois Iannone, Esq. 944-5499 www.IannoneLawRI.com Q: A: